Sunday 5 August 2007

The Darkness


Well this certainly sucked me in and since it's quite short I've finished it! The Darkness has a very cinematic feel to it and was enjoyable but not without its problems. When it was good, it was great but at all other times it was all just a bit mediocre. I had most fun when combat came to the fore. The gun-play was very satisfying and when you got a chance to use your darkness powers it was well done.

The plot was interesting but it was strange that Jackie (the main character) accepts his possession with barely a question and as the game progresses he still doesnt seem that bothered, even when he ends up in some sort of hell dimension (which was rubbish btw). The emotion surrounding some events did bring a lump to my throat but in the end very few answers were forthcoming and I felt a little short changed.

Secondly the Darkness powers were criminally under-used, there were simply not enough opportunities to spring them into action. Also my major gripes was that there was far too much wandering around quite a small gaming environment that meant lots of loading screens. They covered these well but still....

No comments: