Thursday 2 August 2007

Lost Planet : Extreme Condition

Another very hyped title that seemed to sink without much of a trace. It was in the play-asia sale so I thought I'd give it a try. Here's some footage:



This title very much reminded me of Xbox's Brute Force (without the team play aspect) which is no bad thing since I enjoyed that title. I've already finished this on Normal and still can't quite decide if I really enjoyed it. The plot for a start was very confusing and I'm still not quite sure what was happening or why...weird.


The actual run and gun action was good but despite the constant need to push on (you loose energy over time) I never felt any real urgency or danger. The Akrid (Aliens!!!) were quite tame tbh, I expected something like Starship Troopers but it was not to be. However the huges bosses were fantasically well done and provided the high point for the game. I also enjoyed piloting the various mech suits for the most part. Mixed in were some missions where you fought against other humans instead of the Akrid, again it was all very sedate. Another game I will have to try on a harder difficulty to see if it improves.

No comments: