Thursday 21 June 2007

Prey

I initially started Prey earlier this year but, to my shame, I gave up. The combination of a confusing environment and lacklustre gameplay = frustration and boredom. However, I decided to give it another shot and I'm glad I did.

Strangely I managed to get past the bit where tedium had set in and enjoyed some decent shooting / puzzling action. The use of gravity switching, the "portal technology" (kinda like warps for the uninitiated) and spirit walking (you can leave your body behind and explore otherwise unreachable areas) is much better in this part of the game and the FPS sections seem to work a little better now that all the weapons are unlocked. The shuttle piloting sections are still pretty poor though.

I think I'm nearing the end of this now as the story seems to be quickly approaching a dramatic conclusion.

Here's a little of Prey thanks to you-tube.com.

No comments: